You know when you are on a trip and you drive through the smallest town ever and think,
"Who in the world would live here?"
Well that's what Elko, Nevada was for me.
It was a pit stop, a gas stop, a "get a drink" stop...but never a stay a while stop.
That is until we got the chance to see my sweet Cousin Sally.
She has lived in Elko for a long time and this was the first chance we had to visit her and I am so glad we did.
Sally is the kind of woman who would give all she has to and then try and figure out how she is going to get by.
She laughs and cheers and smiles because she geniunely loves you.
She cries when visits end too quickly.
She makes you feel like you are doing everything right.
She is WAY young at heart.
Her love of family is contagious.
She is one of a kind.
So next time I drive through Elko, I won't wonder who in there right mind would live there...
Instead I'll wonder how Elko got lucky enough to have Cousin Sally.


















.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment