Kai has been "patiently" waiting for this day for so long. He has had a plan.
The night before we would have a special dinner; in his mind, that meant we HAD to go to IHOP.
The
next morning we would have breakfast (a special one of course), go to
the park and tell every single person he came in contact with that it
was his first day of Kindergarten.
I had been asked many times, by many different people if I would cry.
Was I sad? Would he cry? Would he miss me?
And the answer to all of those answers were...no :)
Don't
get me wrong I was going to miss this high energy boy and I would be
ready to pick him up at the end of the day. But the truth of the matter
was, we BOTH needed this school time.
Kai needed to
feel independent. He and I have our ups and downs. He needs me, but
REALLY doesn't want to. He needed to know that I trusted him to be safe,
smart and a good listener. He needed to be told "no" by someone other
than me. He needed to make friends, have disagreements and solve
problems without his Mom around.
And I needed it as
well. I needed to feel like I could put my energy on the other little
bundles we created. That I could sit back and pray that all that I had
taught him would be put into practice. And to be very honest I needed to
miss him. I needed to be excited to experience new things with him.
Each
day that he goes to school my anxiety tells me I need to let go and
each day I pick that munchkin up I pray that he is excited to see me
again.
This school thing has been a transition for us
all. A good transition. And some days a bad transition. But aren't all
transitions that way? We take the goods and bads and together we move
forward.
I love my Mr. Independent...watch out world, Kai is coming and he isn't looking back!!







No comments:
Post a Comment