Monday, September 21, 2015

Our ONE year old

Lincolns birthday was something I had avoided planning.  
I wanted to pretend that he wasn't almost one. 
 He wasn't walking.  
He wasn't feeding himself.  
He wasn't down to nursing only a few times a day.  
He was my baby.  
Not just "my baby" but he was actually a baby.

As the days came closer and I started to look through his baby pictures I bawled.  Like, really.  
From day one, little Linc and I have had a really strong bond.  
He actually creates that bond with almost anyone he meets. 
He is cuddly, sweet, loving, funny, smart and everything else that is good.  
In my mind, growing up meant change.  Growing up meant letting go.  And I DIDN'T want to. I wanted to freeze the stage he was in and continue to enjoy every second of it.
Have I mentioned I don't like change?

The day of Linc's birthday came and thankfully my anxiety was gone.  I realized a # would not change who he was and that I wanted to soak up every second and every memory.
 I was ready to celebrate the best one year old around.  I was ready to praise this stage, thank God for giving me more time with him AND PARTAY!

He woke up happy.  Proud of himself for being born :) And literally played every second of the day.

We are so lucky to have Lincoln.  We couldn't imagine a better addition to our family.  Only he, could make our family feel complete.  We love you Lincoln James! Happy happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. So so cute!! Love Love it. Happy Birthday sweet Linc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your face looking at your dad. ... death!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I stalked you a bit to find this, but I saw a project you could do for Activity Days and wanted you to have the link (rather than just telling you about it.) It looks fun and easy -- I have two of the silicone mats it requires that you are welcome to borrow.Text me if you are interested 801-380-7257
    (Feel free to delete this unralated to your darling family/intrusive comment from this blog -- It's just that as the signup was passed around in RS yesterday, I couldn't think of a way to help [unless you need a class on talking too much] but then I saw this and wanted you to know that if I had a talent I'd gladly share it AND that I am glad those girls have you as their leader.) Anyway, the link: http://princesspinkygirl.com/diy-peppermint-candy-bowls/

    ReplyDelete