Sunday, May 15, 2011

CRAZY CHANGES!

This weekend Kai experienced a TON of changes. We have been wanting to ween him off of his bottle and binkie, since he will be one in a little over a week. I was going to start with the binkie since I thought that would be the hardest, but when it wasn't as bad as I expected, we decided to do it all at once....SO here is our picture journey!

I FINALLY decided to take a step back and allow Kai to completely feed himself. After lots of laughs and a HUGE mess I would say it was a success!

Kai sleeping for the LAST time with his beloved binkie....

No more binkie, day or night. After one confused nap, he has completely forgotten about the dang thing...and I could not be more happy!

The VERY last bottle, with the LAST little bit of formula....TEAR :(

No more bottles and no more formula. I thought I would get a huge reaction taking away his bottle, but he could care LESS!! Thankfully!


To congratulate Kai and OURSELVES for the accomplishment we decided to enjoy an AMAZING weekend together!!!!!

Mrs. Tubbs (aka my favorite teacher/friend at Iona Elementary) and her husband made this lawn chair for Kais' upcoming birthday! Thanks so much, he loves it! With the awesome weather we sat outside 24/7...well almost!

Logan, Kai and I were able to go to the zoo with our friends Jonathan, Lindsey and Talmage! We really love them and love the matching strollers!!!

I was a nervous wreck...how bad would a donkey bite hurt??? I didn't want to find out!

Do you love zebras??? I DO... I could stare all day. And Lindsey told me that no two zebras are the same.....I NOW LOVE THEM MORE! So awesome!

They had a sweet little play area, and I'm pretty sure it was one of Kais' favorite areas. He loves dirt and loves the way it tastes :(

Talmage didn't want to wear his hat, so Kai gave it a try...for point two seconds...WHY WON'T THEY KEEP HATS ON???

Kai loves to swing, ALMOST as much as he loves straws. I'm pretty sure he got that from me.

After a VERY long and VERY exciting weekend we all felt like taking a nap!

SO....farewell dear bottle, formula and binkie....YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! How cute are those pictures!!!! What a fun (and successful...good job mommy and daddy) weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to be done with formula! How exciting about all the changes. Cant believe they are going to be 1 so soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get hailey off her binky before the new baby comes. You just took his away and that was that? I think I need to try it :] and by the way...I NEED to meet your son whenever you are back in sacramento :]

    ReplyDelete