Big boy toilet, Elmo and books....could his life get any better??? I think not!
Kai is doing pretty well with his potty...he is OBSESSED with sitting on it (clothed or not) and will go when we sit him on it...but now I just have to learn how to make it more consistent. If any of you experienced Mom's have some tips PLEASE pass them on!
Well, once you have the clues that they are ready you just have to spend 1-2 weeks housebound! About every 20 minutes you have them go back to the toilet. They don't wear diapers at all, so this could mean accidents, but you need to be able to strip them down quick! You kids would all just wear a t-shirt and underwear for a week as we would go through the process. Once he is totally potty trained, have fun visiting every toilet in Rexburg! It seems as though we could never make a trip out without one of you needing to go potty! Ugh! Good luck smart boy!
ReplyDeleteYep. We set the timer and gave them an abundance of fluids through out the day, more chances :) One didn't like using the potty, so he would get treats just for trying, but always a treat for going on the potty. I bought cotton padded underwear from the baby section which made the messes a little more manageable. Yeah for potty training :)
ReplyDeleteYou are brave! I got a little potty for Zaylie and she won't sit on it, she wants to sit IN it. And FREAKS when I don't let her. We put the potty away, I guess I'll be potty training and having a newborn!!!
ReplyDeletehailey had a little princess watch she would wear and it would go off every 30, 45, or 60 minutes (whatever we set it to.) everytime the alarm would go off we would get SUPER excited and take her to at least try and go potty. then when she peed she got one sticker for her chart, which she got to pick out and put on herself. if she went poo she got two stickers :]
ReplyDelete