Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What a day...

OH MY GOSH...what a day!!

Today was a terribly embarrassing Wednesday. Most of you know that we manage mens apartments and MOST days we really enjoy it and feel very thankful for the opportunity.

UNFORTUNATELY today was one of those days where EVERYONE needed EVERY ounce of my energy and I was seriously losing it. So much so that I REFUSED to clean my house and REFUSED to do my daily chores and REFUSED to be a good Mom.

CUE THE HUMOR.... unbeknownst to me, our apartments were getting appraised for our building today. The doorbell ringing was none other than two appraisers and our owner asking to walk through our apartment. Seconds before I heard this info Kai threw popcorn ALL over our apartment and continued to throw toys at me, the walls and destroy the already messy apartment. OH AND P.S. our apartment not only smelt like popcorn but Kai has been having some STOMACH issues so his diaper was VERY questionable!! Yuck I know!

SO I asked them to wait at the door and I ran upstairs and just began to THROW anything I could think of in the bathtub so that they didn't have to see the disaster.

LONG STORY SHORT....can you guess what happened next? YES...they had to look at the tub!

NICE HIDDEN MESS...

Bright RED face and total disaster in the tub (This in only half of it..its too awful to show it all)....how ghetto can I be?

Toys, electronics, popcorns and a naked baby with a stinky diaper....Oh gosh I so win the worst Mom award!!

Thankfully they were able to see my cute little munchkin, although I am not sure anything could save us at this point.

Moral of the story: PLEASE call me before you show up at my house and if you don't...DON'T look in the tub!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm still laughing out loud about this! Love this story. You are so funny. And PS--your messy apartment looks like mine on a clean day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You know I love you, right? And also that I think your family is awesome?? You couldn't do ANYTHING to make me think otherwise. Nice try though :). You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I was expecting you to say and then they moved shower curtain....hahah, it does sound like you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Ashleigh. The pic of the tub made me laugh out loud. That is hilarious. Oh, how we all have days where we feel we deserve the worst mother award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that is hilarious! So sorry you had a crazy day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had already heard the story once, but seriously this one doesn't get old. I laughed just as hard the second time as I read about what happened!

    Doesn't everyone have a place that they shove things when those unexpected guests arrive!?! Most of us however are lucky enough to not have the guest go looking!

    Laughter is the best medicine for so many different experiences in life! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know people that keep their house a total pig stye and don't even care. So props to you for getting embarrassed because it shows you usually ARE clean. Even with a super busy schedule, toddler and being prego! I hate it when people show up announced and get so embarrassed too if it isn't perfectly clean. So I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh...I was just reading the blog out loud to Felicity but was laughing so hard, I'm not sure she understood what was so funny!! but guess what, I DID!!! Ashleigh...you are to funny...you probably wanted to cry but hopefully you were able to laugh along with the rest of us :) I'm sure they gave the apartment good marks for having the cutest mom and baby as residents!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the best mom haha we all have those days! You look sooo cute prego and sooo little :) I hope I look cute like you when I'm prego again!! Miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete