I have had many dreams in life.
Some embarrassing like: become a soccer star, or secret singer or win some sort of award.
And some not so embarrassing like:
Graduate from College.
Teach Kindergarten.
Become a Wife.
Be a Mom.
And "stay at home" to raise my children.
After marrying my sweetheart and graduating from college, I was totally blessed with the birth of my little Kai. A mini Logan. And the best baby ever.
About 5 months later I was offered a job.
A job that I didn't even apply for.
And it was teaching Kindergarten.
Thanks to the help of amazing friends and a totally supportive husband I took the job and followed my dream.
It wasn't long after that I realized my dreams were pulling me in different directions.
I was teaching, and I loved it. I felt like it was what I was made to do.
But I was missing the baby that I had waited for and dreamed about.
And my heart ached as I heard of the funny things he did day after day.
After the year was up, it was time for me to chase my other dreams.
The change wasn't always easy....I guess dreams never are.
But as I sit here today and look at the millions of pictures that I just can't stop taking,
I smile at all the things I am accomplishing.
I smile as I see the munchkins learn new things.
I smile that my friend and I are able to teach our kids preschool.
I smile that we can watch the rain, and play in puddles.
I smile that I can play pretend.
I smile at the Hot man who makes it all possible.
I smile...A LOT!
This dream isn't easy.
But this dream is totally worth it.
LOVE this post. YOUR WORDING IS RIGHT ON!! Your kids are so CUTE!
ReplyDeleteSuch good writing Ash. Love it! And those pictures of my lovies are just adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet, my favorite picture is of Kai and his little buddy with their hats! So cute!
ReplyDeleteahhh... those lucky kids :)
ReplyDelete