Saturday, April 19, 2014

I ran. He ran. WE RAN!

Kai is hyper, and naughty and full of it..
but I don't think I tell you (the world/journal) just how much he has changed my life.

I have been waiting for the day when I could go running with my kids.
(not in the stroller...cause that's no fun...but where they actually run with me)
I will never forget running with my Mom. I felt inspired, tired and mostly LOVED!

This morning while everyone else was sleeping I asked Kai if he wanted to go running with my running group,
he responded, "Sure Mom that would be GREAT!"

While we waited for everyone to show up he kept saying,
"Ok Mom I'm ready.  Lets go RUNNING!"

This boy ran 2 . 4 miles with me (with only a few breaks) and laughed and talked the whole way.
He kept making comments like,
"Wow mom I am a great runner!"
"I love every day of this Mom."
"Is there gonna be a medal at the end?"
"My energy feels great Mom!"

So although this boy makes me exhausted even without running,
he also makes me smile, laugh and feel my heart bursting with love.
I LOVE my little boy more than words..
and I can't wait to see him win that medal someday :)

1 comment: