Monday, June 23, 2014

Youth Conference

This weekend I had the AMAZING opportunity to go to youth conference with our AMAZING young women and young men.
Growing up I loved these kind of activities, so selfishly I was really excited to experience it again and watch the joy in everyones eyes.

This year we were able to go to Manti and enjoy baptisms in the Temple and go to the pageant, with lots of fun activities in between. I loved every second...even camping with a big belly couldn't bring me down. I loved it, and I love them.

Going to the Temple was the highlight of my trip.  I love watching the excitement my beehives feel each time they enter the Temple.  I love watching my sweet girls experience this for the first time. I love gaining a greater testimony of the blessings that take place inside.  The Temple has always changed my life and I hope it continues to change theirs.

The day after we came home from this wonderful experience we were given the news that there were some changes being made to our ward and stake because of massive growth and that I would no longer be in the ward, and would be in a different Stake then everyone else.  
Even writing it makes the tears flow again.  
My thoughts went from my friends who made this transition to utah so much easier, my kids and the friends they have made in their classes and then the hardest thought of all...my yw.
Being a YW leader has been the most challenging calling I have ever served in..and I think that is because I love them so much. I want the best for them and I want them to not make the mistakes we all make (which i know is totally irrational :) ).
Being in the young women's is also the best calling I have ever had.
I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to get to know them, to love them, to talk to them, to laugh with them, to learn with them, to teach them and most of all to serve them.

So change is hard..and is way easier said then done.
But I am so thankful that I was given this amazing weekend to soak in my last little moments with them and leave knowing that I gave them my all and that they know just how special they are to me and to our Heavenly Father.














No comments:

Post a Comment