Sunday, July 31, 2011

The semester ended with a BANG!!!

Well we have made it through our first semester managing our new apartment. It has been SUCH an awesome experience with the ups and downs that come with men who sometimes "forget" to think before they act :)

This picture explains it all...on the last day of the semester a few guys (from a neighboring apartment) decided to set off fireworks in the dry dry brush. Needless to say...we had four fire trucks, 1 ambulance, 4 police officers and 100 ONLOOKERS who have nothing else to do on a friday night ( I know this picture means I am one of those onlookers, but to my defense this picture is out of my window) :) Oh the joys of living with single men!

Since it is the 7 week break, we have had tried to spend all the time we can together. The zoo was SOOO much better this time because the animals were moving all over and very interactive with Kai.


Wow...I am now even more determined NEVER to meet a Lion...They're HUGE!

Oh my boys...I can NEVER get enough of them!

We also took Kai to the "lake" for the first time....they call it a lake, but it is just water that they bring in each summer :)

Did I mention the water was FREEZING....Kai and I didn't last very long, but the sand and people watching was SO MUCH FUN!

I am so thankful for boys who make me smile, and for weather that we can play in and for NO MORE FIRES....I HOPE!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can't believe that little baby is so far out there in the lake! Is Logan standing or is he treading water? He looks way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures from the zoo and lake/pond :)
    Looks like so much fun!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. That fire would have made me so nervous. Last week I thought I heard our neighbors fire alarm and was about to wake up Kohen and run outside...jammies and all. haha Stuart thought I was ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete