Sunday, October 5, 2014

Birth Story: Lincoln Edition

I can't believe it has taken 2 weeks to post about the birth of my sweet little Lincoln...
but better late than never :)

Just as with my other pregnancies, I DO NOT go into labor on my own. So at 40 weeks pregnant I was scheduled to be induced to insure that I got all of my antibiotics (strep b blah!!).  To add to the drama of the weekend my kids BOTH had the stomach flu. So the babysitter was cancelled and my Mom willingly decided she would stay with the kids instead of being in the room with me.

The morning of the 21st I was up and down all night long, nervous and sick to my stomach but ready to have a baby.
So I called in to the hospital at 6:30 and was SHOCKED when they said they would be ready for me by 7:30 since in my past experience I would call hour after hour before being let in....but I wasn't gonna fight them on it, cause i was stoked.

 I quickly got ready, cried a little (how do you leave your sick babies at home without feeling guilty), and off we went.  We got to the hospital, checked in and by 10:00 we were hooked up and ready to go!  Isn't it strange how in 2 short years, you can totally forget how bad pitocin contractions feel?  YIKES!!

At 11:30 the Dr. came in and broke my water and I was at a 2 1/2.  The pitocin was continually raised and gosh darn that pain was intense.  

At 12:00 I was ready, SO READY, for the epidural.  
Unfortunately it didn't go as easily this time.
After 3 tries, lots of contractions and a ton of pain it was in.  i soon realized that I was only getting relief on one side of my body, but after turning on my side we were able to get it to work (thank heavens!!).

Around 12:10 I was once again checked and was a 4.
The nurse told me that she thought this baby would be here in an hour.
I thought she was crazy but called my mom anyway to let her know.
Thankfully my brother and sister in law took over and my mom raced to the hospital.

My Mom got there at 12:30.
At 12:45 I was a 10 and ready to push...so ready that I was having intense pain and pressure and wanted to push more than ANYTHING.
12:50 the dr came.

A few pushes later Lincoln James Tataipu was born at 1:00, healthy and screaming and large!!!
8 lbs 4 oz 21 inches long

I am so thankful for drs and nurses, my sweet supportive husband, my cheerleader mom, my babysitting family and my sweet cuddly, perfect little Lincoln.


Logan was AMAZING. He has learned how to comfort me through the worst of it and was so supportive.













2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you went from a 4 to a 10 that fast...nice work mom!! I love the story, and love all the pictures. Your family is SO cute. You look absolutely stunning for birthing a 8+ pound baby! Adorable. Enjoy him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on little Lincoln's arrival! Everyone looks so, SO happy. I can't wait to see more pictures of his cuteness.

    ReplyDelete