Tuesday morning I received a message from Mrs Tubbs (the Teacher I student taught for and LOVE) stating that there was a part time Kindergarten teacher position that had just opened at Iona Elementary and she had brought my name up and if I was interested the Principal wanted to meet with me. After a quick earnest prayer and a talk with my #1 supporter (Logan of course) we decided that this really was an answer to our family prayers. Not only would the pay be WAY more than we were anticipating but my worry of insurance would be gone.
So I called the Principal and he said that he has never had so many teachers request one person and that he was VERY interested. I thanked him and told him I would love to meet with him sometime in the following week. He then shocked me by asking if Logan and I could meet with him that night after scouts (only in idaho would a principal have to go to scouts first!!)
ANYWAYS long story short I interviewed that night, found out Wednesday that I got the job and started today in my Kindergarten class with 25 little kids.
DONT GET ME WRONG...leaving today was the hardest thing I have ever done....I cried all morning getting ready, the whole drive to school, anytime Kai's name was mentioned at school and the whole drive home :) Luckily Logan gets to be home with him during the day so I know he is safe and VERY happy... but it was my first time leaving and all I wanted to do was hug my sweet boys!
Day 2 starts tomorrow and I am going to try to be stronger and give it all I got!!!
That is a somewhat depressing yet exciting story! I am so happy for you guys.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! It's hard leaving your baby for the first time. I bawled the first time I left our daughter to go back to work!! But it gets easier! :)
ReplyDeleteYAY! Congrats! So proud of you! Have fun! I bet the student just LOVE you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is so exciting. I can't imagine leaving cute little Kai! He is in good hands with Logan! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! You're teaching kindergarten?!! How fun!!! You must have been an awesome student teacher! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it, you can do it!
ReplyDeleteI came looking wondering if you had made a decision-you''ll do great! And Kai will still love you lots :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! :) Just look at that picture with Logan and Kai cheering you on! You'll do great and I'm happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteim so proud of you!!
ReplyDelete