Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Sunday!


Have I told you lately how much I love my boys??? Well its about time I say it again! This morning I woke up to a happy baby and a wonderful husband... not that I don't every day but there is something about a sunday that makes you a little more thankful.

Lately I have been anxiously awaiting news from a Nanny job that I had applied for. To be honest I thought with my degree and past experience there was NO WAY I wouldn't get the job. Well weeks went by and I just kept telling myself that I would hear any day. I FINALLY received an email and I did NOT get the job.

I spent at least an hour crying and feeling a little sorry for myself. Don't get me wrong I love being a Mom and love the extra time I have on my hands. But going from 19 credits and a full time job to a well tempered baby and LOTS of extra time on my hands is not easy!

It wasn't until today, while watching BYU channel that I felt a complete peace with my job in life and my purpose as a Mom. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang, "Sunrise, sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof and of course I cried as I realized this time with my baby is SO SHORT! He will not be a baby for ever, and I am so thankful to be given this time to teach him, play with him and have so much fun with him!

I LOVE being a wife and Mom! I love having time to serve and meet new people! I love keeping a tidy home and trying out new recipes! And I love watching Kai's eyes as he discovers the world around him!

I have the BEST job ever...I am a Mom!

5 comments:

  1. Um...so I spent forever writing you a comment and then it was deleted. Ridiculous! Anyway Ash, I just wanted to tell you that this post was beautifully written and Kai is lucky to have you as a Mom! I love you and I'm looking forward to talking to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashleigh, you are such an inspiration to me, and such a great example!! Moms Rule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a beautiful mama - what a privilege it has been to see your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that Mormon/Tab special a couple of years ago, and it had the same effect on me. These special times in life go quickly, and then pretty soon you are writing on your married daughters blog! I love you.

    ReplyDelete