Thursday, June 2, 2011

BIRTHDAY FUN!

This weekend we made a LAST minute decision to go down to Cali for the three day weekend to play with family for Kai's birthday. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

Logan had free points for Hotels so we decided to stop in Reno and the hotel was BEAUTIFUL. We honestly felt way out of place because we stayed in the best room there was...SO FUN!

We had Kai's party at Lew Howard Park in folsom, which was also the place Logan had his first birthday...it couldn't have been better! And let me just give a shout out to my sweet nephew Talmage...he was Kai's best friend the whole trip and is going to be such a good big brother in a month :)

Kai had a blast...give him a park and he's happy!

I decided to try and attempt to make Kai's birthday cake...and I was really glad it turned out...if you can't tell its a monkey! Thanks Mom for all of your help :)

We knew we would have NO problem with Kai eating his cake....holy crud, he LOVED it!

I had to take the cake away at the half way point because he WOULDN'T stop!

All weekend Kai had SO SO SO much fun with all the toys at Grandma and Grandpa Holtry's house!
We also stayed for memorial day on Monday and I have never appreciated Memorial Day so much....Thank you to all those who fight for our freedoms!

One of my favorite men in the world served our country in the Navy and I am so proud of him!

Uncle Chase and Kai spending some quality time together! We love you uncle Chase!

This was the sweetest moment ever, Kai fell in love with Grandpa Scott as soon as he put his hat on his head, and then the smiles began!

Kai is now back in Idaho and enjoying all the toys and clothes that everyone was so generous to give him! We unfortunately brought a California flu back with us, but we would do it ALL over again just to have a weekend like this!

His DR apt was today and here are his stats
20.1 lbs 12%
30.1 inch 90%'

He is just so so skinny but eats more than logan and I...I guess I will never know his secrets for keeping his figure!

Thank you again California family for sharing so many special memories with us! We love you all!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute little chair he is sitting in! That is so awesome that you got to go visit family! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved every bit of having our sweet little Idaho family with us! Thank you for making that long drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those pictures are so cute! Looks like you guys had so much fun... good job on the sweet cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you guys got to go home and enjoy the nice cali weather for a bit! Oh- and seeing family is always wonderful too :)

    Of course you can tell that cake is a monkey!! It's so cute!!! Kai is so big now- I feel like we haven't seen you guys in forever! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I cant believe he is 1 already!

    ReplyDelete