Sunday, October 23, 2011

ER anyone??

Today has been a "FUNNY" day to say the least. I won't go into much detail but the first part of the day, just wasn't workin for me...so when I came home all I wanted to do was relax and prepare myself for a new week, but Kai's energy played out for a totally different plan.

We went downstairs to help a tenant and Kai continued to grasp the guys attention. It was like Kai couldn't get close enough to him. Kai saw me walking by and thought I was going to get him so he darted in the opposite direction...and ended up running STRAIGHT INTO A STORAGE SHELF. The blood immediately started coming and I thought it was fine...but after lots of advice we took him in just to check it out. Sure enough it was VERY deep and had given him a little concussion. Our AWESOME hospital Dr was as kind as he could be with my baby and I was as brave as I could be holding him down for his first three stitches. And Kai shocked me, he was so kind and although he had plenty of screams to share he listened and thanked each nurse and DR for stitching him! I LOVE THAT BOY!!!

I realize every day that being a Mom is one of the GREATEST blessing I have ever been given, but is also one of the BIGGEST heartaches, because you realize just how much you would do to take away any pain your baby feels (no matter how big that baby may be).

Once we got home I made Kai pizza (one of his favs) and continued to tell him what a big boy he was. As you can see Elmo was much more exciting than Mom.

In this picture I am saying, "Kai can you smile?" to which he responds "no no no!" His coloring is a little off and it makes me sooo sad!

When it was time for bed I cried all through our prayer together (which made Kai laugh). I am just so thankful for healthy bodies, wonderful doctors and a Heavenly Father who is ALWAYS there to make my heart feel a little happier!

The Dr said he was sure he would see me often (thanks doc but i hope not) :)

5 comments:

  1. What in the world! Glad he is ok, but lets be honest I foresee many ER trips in your life with that little man. Haha, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that we haven;t had to go to the ER with David and am so sorry this happened to you, especially today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor mommy and poor baby! These sorts of things are always terrifying! I'm glad that the doctor was so great - and that a slice of pizza can make everything all better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! How scary! He sure is a cute little guy- I might have to agree with Joelle, you may have some more trips to the ER in the future with that little energizer bunny you got! :)

    ReplyDelete