My little boy is 4!!!
The day didn't exactly go as expected...but ending on a high note makes everything seem ok.
Back story: Kai has been talking about his birthday and how he is "almost 4" for a long long time. He was done with 3 not long after his birthday, so I was REALLY excited and nervous to make his birthday really special for him.
Birthday day: The day started off pretty well. He woke up excited and ready to see how we had decorated the house. Soon after that you could see his little body fighting with itself. Kai is super strong, feisty and all boy...but Kai is also easily overstimulated, emotional and has a very anxious personality. So not long after all the songs, and excitement of the morning, we were faced with tears and fits and hiding in his room for no reason. This made every birthday phone call awkward too, as he hid and cried, not wanting anyone to "look at him" or "sing to him". It made me sad because I had so looked forward to making him feel so so special...so I was grumpy, he was grumpy and we all needed some birthday spirit!
The day continued on with ups and downs.
We made cupcakes and brought them to our friends at the park.
I should have predicted that it wouldn't go over well because of all the people and attention, but it sounded like a great idea.
Anyway..after many tears and fits, we left the park.
After naptime we all had our "space" from each other and were ready for fun.
And thankfully Kai went along for the ride this time.
Thanks to his best friends Jace and his awesome Uncle and Aunt we partied with the Mouse :)
I have learned a lot from this baby boy of ours.
I have learned how to be patient (still working on that one), understanding, and how to bite my tongue really well :)
I have learned how to be sensitive, how to think before acting, and how to think from different perspectives.
As he is learning how to live in this scary world..we are learning how to make each day a little happier :)
haha don't mind Avery's construction glasses..she refused to take them off :)
Happy Birthday baby boy! May this year be your best yet ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment