Monday, July 14, 2014

Our little soccer STAR

Since this is a blog about my kids...and how good and crazy our life can be I decided to take a second to brag about my little boy.
Now I know he is 4...and there are no goalies...but dang is it fun to watch this boy play.

Kai has always been a natural with sports.
He struggles with other day to day tasks, but sports are his thing!

As a Mom you constantly watch your kids struggle...to each, the struggle is different,
but as a Mom the pain you feel for them is the same...and it sucks!
So to find what brings your child joy, and to watch them excel at it is the most fun thing EVER.

After a tearful first game (because he didn't score every goal he attempted) we talked to Kai about the fun of playing soccer. And that once you just have fun, everything else (even the misses) are fun too.
Well he listened!
Last game he came home with 4 goals and cheered for the other team the whole way through and this game he wanted 5, but came home with 8 goals!!  He was a little disappointed though because he really wanted 5 he said hahaha.

We sure do love our little boy and are so proud of all the excitement he brings to all of his physical activities.  
No matter what the scoreboard says, he is definitely our #1!!!










2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- we are so alike! I was *just* (like, sometime this week) going to post about T's soccer season too :) I've had the post written up for a while but keep forgetting to publish it, haha. Kai is such a little stud! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stud! I miss that happy little boy. As silly as it sounds he made me feel really special! He was so excited to say hi and tell me his latest news. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete