Sunday, August 10, 2014

McKee Family Reunion

There is a lot to celebrate this year for the McKee Family.
1. My Dad turns 50!
2. My parents 31st Anniversary.
3. My Dad retires!
4. Three new babies will be born
5. My brother is getting married.

Ok...so I will stop there because I could easily go on and on.
The point is...this was the best year to kick off our first official McKee Family Reunion.
We all came to California for some serious family time.

I took a ridiculous amount of pictures because we had ridiculous amounts of fun and instead of splitting them all up (because I would be posting about it for months) I decided to give you 50+ pictures to summarize our time.



Chase surprised his pregnant sisters with donuts...he knows the way to our hearts :)  Let me back track...these weren't just any donuts. There is no place better than Donut king. Utah doesn't have good donuts.  New York doesn't have good donuts. So we don't waste our time or money...or weight...until we get back to Cali!! Thanks Chasey!


 GAH!! I love this little family of mine!

 Mema and Pepa's yard is full of fruit trees and vines and a beautiful garden. The kids loved to pick and eat EVERYTHING!

 This picture is my favorite! All the kids LOVE being in underwear running around in the heat, except Kai..he has always been my modest little boy and kept saying, "Why is everyone naked?" haha

 Train museum with the crazies.


 This place always brings back so many memories, and it was so fun to share it with the kids.



 I love seeing Avery's face in this picture.  She loves her cousins, and it is totally written all over her face.
 The boys came to us one day to show us that they had babies too....I think they make it look better than we do ;)

 With 3 new babies coming the next couple months, I think we need a bigger tub!

 Story time was a must each night!

And what is a family vacation without a flu...booo!! This was a killer that swept through EVERYONE in the family.


CALIFORNIA STATE FAIR= MY FAVORITE PLACE EVER!!








 Avery's first face painting.








 The Ice cream truck never came by our house, so Mema and Uncle Chase made their own, music and all. The kids were stoked!!


 Uncle Jordan and his awesome skills.



 Legos are not for kids...it's serious business!



Farrells Ice cream Parlor.  So here is the story:  3 couples ordered 3 HUGE ice cream sundaes and before we knew it, the workers were chanting, the timers were set and the competition was in full swing.  NEVER..and I do mean NEVER challenge Logan to anything that has to do with food and a time limit.  He is competitive and he loves food...it's a win win :)  So After 3 minutes Logan (with a tiny little bite from my end) downed 6 scoops of ice cream with toppings. The people felt bad that I didn't get any so brought me out a bowl of ice cream haha.






We were sad to see the reunion come to an end...Kai cried for his cousins, Avery cried for Mema, Logan cried for good food ;) and although by the end I was feeling fat and grumpy from little sleep thanks to baby and Avery and a very swollen body I was quickly ready for another reunion...minus the big belly :)

*Family pictures were also taken...stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the update. You sure make a beautiful pregnant mama! Seriously stunning. Love being able to stay in the know of your family, even through distance. Adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most beautiful pregnant lady! Seriously. Your tummy is small, you're not swollen or puffy, and you look totally the same besides a cute little basketball under your shirt. Totally jealous! Looks like such a fun trip. Eli has yet to name my mom. But mema is cute!!

    ReplyDelete