Friday, July 23, 2010

TIME FLIES!

2 Months Old
Height: 24.5 in (96%)
Weight: 12.8 lbs (84%)
Head: 16 in (74%)

Why is it that when I was pregnant two months seemed like years but now that my sweet baby is here two months has FLOWN past? I am pretty bitter about it!!! At two months Kai now LOVES to eat and is becoming quite the little chunk, he loves to smile and loves to be given ALL of your attention, if he doesn't have it, he will give you a fake cry to gain your sympathy!  

Today was his two month Drs appointment and I have been dreading it for a while because of his shots.  I don't know how to handle that kind of thing.  I don't want people to hurt Kai and I don't want to be the mean one to bring him there to be hurt :)  But unfortunately I know its necessary and so I went.  

Everything was going great and the Dr said he would send in the nurses to give him his shots.  Moments later the nurses came in... (here is the part that bugs me) They went up to Kai and talked with him making him smile and coo and then while his smile was as big as it could be they shot him....WHAT THE HECK...why make the poor baby smile just to punish him for it? Anyways I left the office with a wailing baby and a heart sick mom.  This is one of the jobs of a Mom that I really DON'T like!

Lucky for me, after a nice big nap and feeding Kai is finally happy (as long as you stay away from his sore legs that is!)  Two months have gone WAY too fast and I just hope to find joy in every second with our sweet little (big) baby!

6 comments:

  1. I love that picture, he is smiling with his mouth and those big beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like when Cecily got her shots! I really don't understand that method of giving them. Then I started Bawling so not only was my baby cry so was I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't get any easier as they grow up either. Took Morgan several months back to get her checked out for kindergarten and she had to have several shots. Not fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is getting so big already. I am having flashbacks to when Bailey was that age! Now he is going into 4th grade...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is soooooo cute!!!! You take great shots and of course, you've got an adorable baby that is very photogenic :) I agree, taking them to get their shots STINKS. It's harder on us then our kids probably. I think I cried longer than Logan when he got his.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ash! He's so big already and just absolutely adorable, I mean just look at that smile! I can't wait for more updates!

    ReplyDelete