Wednesday, November 24, 2010

so So SO thankful!

These past couple of weeks I have been feeling so thankful for every little thing.

The children I teach have really taught me so much about who I am and the wife/mom I want to be. These kids come from VERY troubled homes and at times don't even have a place to call home. They are not only trying to learn how to function in day to day life, but they are searching for what it feels like to be loved.

Each day I come home feeling heartsick as I wonder how to make an influence on these children who go home to a TOTALLY different world than I have ever experienced!

BUT..God knows what we can handle, and God puts us in situations where we can make the biggest differences and I KNOW that is why I am teaching these children.

Because of this, I have come to a greater understanding of how blessed I have always been and how much I have to be thankful for. So...although I can't express all of my gratitude, this is a start!

I am so thankful for my best friend! The man of my teenage dreams has now become the man of my present/future and I cannot be more happy! I love you so much Logan!

Each morning I leave for work at 6 and when Logan isn't working I wake up to a romantic breakfast...these heart shaped eggs put a smile on my face ALL day long!

I am so thankful for a little boy who lights up my world each time he smiles... and who shares his patience with parents who are doing the best we can to give him the life he deserves.

My Parents have made me the woman I am today! They have always loved me, and supported me and taught me the right things and choices to make. I really cannot say enough how much they have changed my life and continue to change it! Kai is SO thankful for Grandma and Grandpa and misses them SO much!

Logan was lucky enough to be raised by a Mom who would/does drop EVERYTHING for her kids. She constantly outpours her love to us and supports us each step in our changing life, even if that means driving to Idaho for a weekend :) . And Kai misses his growling buddies!

And to ALL of our family and friends who we don't have individual pictures of :) ....those who love us, support us, talk with us, cry with us, play with us and pretty much make every day better....WE CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH! You make our lives so much happier and we feel so so so so so so blessed to have you in our life!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. We all have so much to be thankful for. Dad and I feel so blessed, we are the richest people ever, in the most important ways! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashleigh my sweet, I don't want to be a broken record (smile) but you really are an amazing, beautiful, thoughtful, caring, loving angel. Thank you for being the wonderful wife/mother/friend/daughter that you are! I love you!

    ReplyDelete