Saturday, April 23, 2011

Just what the doctor ordered :)

This weekend has been SO SO SO awesome. Not only has the weather been awesome but I have really been able to let go, realizing that sometimes I don't have control (which is hard for me to admit) and to just enjoy the moment....well this weekend we had lots of those moments!!

I don't know about you but when I go through trials/hard times I eat and EAT AND EAT!!! So thanks to my friends Jessica and her sister Alicia, I made my VERY first pie and I was really proud of it. Usually I buy the crust, but WOW it makes such a difference to make it at home!

Because of my new cooking blog i stalk Justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com I found these super cute Easter treats for my kindergardeners and they loved them. They thought it was so cool and they thought I was super talented (PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM HOW EASY THEY ARE TO MAKE!!!)

To celebrate Easter, Kai enjoyed his first egg hunt......Only one problem...we got there 50 seconds late and all the eggs were gone...haha! Luckily Kai could care less!

Thankfully there was some kid who doesn't care about our environment and just wanted the candy so Kai got the leftovers :)

Poor baby was SOO tired after running around the field over and over!

Soo...does the Easter bunny scare you? If your answer is yes, you are not the only one. Kai wasn't sure at first...but just Look below to find out how it ended :)

...yeah, not so much!

The rest of the day was literally my dream. We had a ward activity outside and then afterwards we stayed outside, enjoyed the sun, and let Kai discover the world around him.

We all had such a great day and ended it going on a bike ride together. I have really learned that there is nothing greater than spending time with my sweet family, they make all the difference in life!

3 comments:

  1. I totally love all the pictures. Kai is adorable and it looks like he loves being outside! So cute. I had SO much fun making pies with you! Any time you want to make something let me know! Have a great weekA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a perfect day for you all. So happy! And your bird nests turned out so good...I'm glad the kids loved them too :)
    Love you all so much! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, mmmm, I can't wait for you to make me a berry pie this summer! (Hopefully our berry vines will be producing like crazy!)

    ReplyDelete