The story:
My sister and kids are in town and we have been doing nothing but play play play, which has been a blast. We have been to the water park, played soccer, and visited every park.
The day the "accident" happened started out at the best day ever. The kids were getting along so we filled our day with fun activities and pretty much soaked the cousin/sister time as much as possible.
We decided to fill our evening with park time for the kids.
As they were playing "pirate" at the top of a ladder toy, my sister and I pushed the little kids on the swings.
Everything was great...until I heard Talmage say, "You are so funny Kai."
I don't know why this caught my attention, but it did.
And I literally thank God that it did.
I turned my head to see what was funny and saw Kai on the ground below that 6 ft ladder, blue and having a seizure.
I immediately screamed for my sister to call 911 (I think I yelled it 100 times, although she only needed it once, I couldn't stop.)
I then sat by Kai's side and begged him to breathe.
The seizure was taking over his little body as blood began to poor from his nose and mouth.
I begged.
And prayed.
And pleaded to just let Kai breathe.
Finally my little boy started screaming.
He wasn't talking, but I just was thankful that he was back with me.
The ambulance, 2 firetrucks and police officers showed up, got Kai all wrapped up and off we went.
Logan was at school.
I couldn't have felt more thankful that my sister was there to not only call 911, but to take little sister so my complete attention could be on my tough little boy. In the nicest way possible, I didn't worry about Avery one bit, because I knew she was in the best care possible.
When we got to Riverton Hospital they began to do all they could.
Kai was given a I.V.
We had a cat scan, and X-rays and testing.
Kai then began to throw up blood....and lots of it.
He screamed that he couldn't breath. He screamed that his head hurt.
His stomach hurt. His body hurt.
Logan met us there and had just enough time to give Kai a blessing, before we were told that Kai would need to be transported by ambulance to primary children's hospital.
The next 24 hours were hard. But a huge blessing.
We had another cat scan.
We found out Kai broke his nose, cheek bone, upper lip bone and he was suffering from a sever concussion.
Kai was a trooper. He was kind. He was funny. But he was in a lot of pain.
It was the quiet moments where I just cried, as I prayed to let Heavenly Father give me another chance to be the Mom I wanted to be.
I sat by Kai's beat up face and whispered, "Kai, I love you so much!"
And then with his eyes closed because of pain his sweet, faithful voice said, "I know Mommy."
Such a simple phrase sent me to tears.
Isn't that all that matters? He knows I love him and would do anything for him.
He knows he is my world. He is my favorite little man.
At that moment I knew, that I had the best job in the world...and I would do all I could to do it even better.
We are finally home now.
It feels good to be home, but scary to be in charge of his recovery.
We meet with the ENT dr on Friday to see if we need surgery.
At this point there is way to much swelling to tell.
Since coming home I have been overwhelmed by the kindness we have received.
We have had: signs, balloons, toys, cookies, dinner, coloring pages, stickers, hugs and lots of prayers.
I can't believe we are so loved.
It really did catch me by surprise. But I am so thankful it did.
Thank you to everyone!
That doesn't seem like enough, but from my heart, my little boys smile and a feeling of peace, THANK YOU for acting so Christlike!
Ash. That is so scary! I am so sorry! Tears were streaming down my face as I read Kai saying that sweet little phase. I sure hope he recovers well and fast. We are praying for you. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh Ash! I am so glad that he is recovering. Your story brought tears to my eyes. I am glad Heather was there to help with Avery and allow you to hold that little boys hand. I will continue to pray for Kai and your family. He is a lucky boy to have such a strong mama!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I am bawling from reading this. Seizures are the worst, most scary thing in the whole world. I hope and pray you never have to go through that again. The recovery is hard and scary. But you can do it! I hope it continues to go smoothly for you.
ReplyDeleteLove you Tataipus! Thinking and praying for your family. Kai is such a trooper, he's probably ready to be running around everywhere. I feel bad for teasing you for being such a worry wort... you're an amazing mother. Wish I was closer so I can help out, sending you love waves through the computer screen.
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine how scary that must have been for you and him. I am glad that he is recovering now. More prayers coming your way. Take Care!
ReplyDeleteI could not stop the tears from flowing as I read this. Ashleigh you are so strong and so amazing- Kai could NOT have a better mom taking care of him- now or ever. Your family will be in our prayers for sure. I have nightmares about these moments all the time and I know it happens to the best of us, regardless of how closely we watch our kids. love you all!
ReplyDeleteps- that hospital looks amazing!!! I mean could he have been a more fun place while he was recovering? :) keep us updated!
oh my gosh- poor Kai!!! What a trooper though, such a tough little guy. We love you guys and you're in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I am so sorry that your little boy had to go through that but glad to see that he is doing well. I can't imagine as a mother going through that. You are one tough chick. Your family is in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe are so grateful that Kai has come through this tough situation and is doing okay. And so thankful for priesthood blessings. Our love goes out to your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteNana & Grandpa F.
This post brought tears to my eyes! I am SO glad he is okay. How scary! He is so lucky to have a mommy like you. I hope he continues to recover quickly.
ReplyDeleteKai! Sweet little brave man. We are sending prayers for a speedy recovery your way. Kai is in perfect hands with you and Logan. I'm so sorry this happened, but glad he's getting better and that he is home now.
ReplyDeleteYes I too was bawling from this post. Prayers and love to your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I can't even imagine! I know I'm far but please let me know if I can help in anyway!
ReplyDelete