
Well I just got back from my Dr. appointment and it was not a good one! First off I gained 4 pds. in one week bringing me to a running total of 21. How in the world do you gain 4 pds in a week when you walk 5-7 miles a day and don't eat any more then usual???? Its a mystery!!
I was hoping this would be my last visit (since the plan was to be induced) but as I was checked I could tell that I was not about to get the news that I wanted. Unfortunately I have not changed AT ALL since last weeks visit...still 1 cm and 75% effaced.
So my Dr. gave me two choices...
1) I get induced on the 24th which would GREATLY increase my chances of having a C-Section since my body isn't quite progressing fast enough.
OR
2) Wait it out, check again next week and just hope and pray that baby Kai wants to meet us soon and won't continue to get LARGER AND LARGER.
...of course to make sure my baby is healthy I chose to wait and Pray that he comes.
Although i may be writing this post very calmly, I left the appointment in tears and I can't really say they have stopped since. I felt so embarrassed for crying at the Office but my Dr. assured me that he sees it every day with women as far along as I am. I know I only have a max of 2 weeks until I get to meet my little boy but this waiting game is harder on my body than I thought it would be. I am contracting and morning sick all over again but it must just be a sign that I need a little more time.
SO thats the update for now, I wish it was a happier one but hopefully that post wont be too far off!
As soon as I opened up your blog I started laughing. I turned to dad and said, "look at this picture, guess whose blog I am reading!" He guessed right! I have to admit, you sound so much calmer on your blog post! ha ha You've done great this pregnancy, only 21 lbs! Wow - I think you should eat an extra donut or something!! Love you - SMILE
ReplyDeleteHold in there Ash! We love you!
ReplyDeleteaww... sorry ash! I'm sure by your next appt it will be better news!! :)
ReplyDeleteWell at least you and your baby is healthy. Keep praying to know what is right for the delivery. 21 Lbs is awesome! Seriously!
ReplyDeleteSeriously? 21 pounds? I can't believe your DR has been giving you a hard time!! That's AWESOME! I can't believe that's all you've gained. I told you you look skinny! :) He will be here before you know it! Can't wait to see the little guy.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you need me to give you ice cream......done.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Joelle :-)
ReplyDeleteHes coming, literally just around the corner!
You are amazing and I (like everyone else) cannot believe you have managed to gain ONLY 21 pounds. That really is awesome! I know it feels like forever when the doctor says to wait... but don't worry- they wont let you be pregnant forever and seriously you will be snuggling with Kai before you know it! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI am also amazed at your lack of weight gain. Not because you look huge, YOU DO NOT, but because I gained DOUBLE that, and gained 9 pounds in a month both pregnancies. Just think of the cute little rolls your baby might be born with. I think you deserve whatever treats you are craving and also you need to get a pedicure and a manicure. It made me feel better when the stretch marks wouldn't stop.
ReplyDeleteI love you Ashleigh. Oh yes I do.
ReplyDeleteI love you Ashleigh. And I'll be true.
When I'm not with you, I'm blue.
Oh Ashleigh, I love you.
Oh Ashleigh, you look great! I hope when Im pregnant I can gain as little weight as you have! You look wonderful! and dont worry, choose what you feel is best for your baby to be!
ReplyDelete21 pounds total is AMAZING, great job ash. I know its much easier said than done but remember to hang in there and it will all be so worth it when you meet your little guy. miss you and love you.
ReplyDelete