Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Friends

Moving to Utah was hard really hard for me. 
I don't like change and I am not very good at making friends..and I was so not looking forward to starting over.

After about a week of complaining about knowing NO ONE, I started to take it into my own hands.
I was am obnoxious, and basically went to everything, talked to everyone and tried to put myself out there.  This was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I felt stupid.  I felt like I was begging for friends.  Maybe I was!  

We have now been here for a month and a half and I can honestly say that making friends is something everyone needs to do.
I learned a lot about myself.  I learned about some of my talents. . and A lot of my weaknesses.
But most of all I learned how to be a friend.  How to welcome those who seem sad.
I know what it feels like to be alone.  I learned that others were lonely too.
And thankfully it is something each of us can help change.

My kids are thankful too!  We now don't go a day without seeing kids and playing in the sometimes beautiful weather :)  








4 comments:

  1. you inspire me. seriously, really really inspire. i am SO bad at putting myself out there and making friends. now i need to try with this move....ps is it sad i know EVERY place you are in your pictures...i seee the road and know and i see the "up" house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that you put yourself out there. I am trying to get better at doing that. I have discovered When I ask people to do something they generally are willing to hang out unless they have something going on. I need to remember that. We'll be here for another year at least and I don't want to spend all that time with zero "friends"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashleigh, you are so cute. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're one of my most favorite people ever. And I miss you.

    ReplyDelete